Product type: food supplement
Form: coated tablets
Package: 60 tablets
VITAPRIM Osteo is a product developed for adults who are concerned about maintaining normal bone density and reducing the risk of osteoporotic fractures, especially in women over 50 years of age.
The ingredients of VITAPRIM Osteo help to maintain healthy bones:
- Calcium is involved in division and specialisation of cells, including osteogenic cells, and contributes to the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. The product uses a unique, highly digestible calcium from Lithothamnium calcareum – red algae, occurring in the purest Atlantic waters. They look like corals. They are an extremely rich source of minerals (they are composed of natural calcium in almost 40%), trace elements and vitamins that are characterised by high bioavailability and absorption by our body due to their organic origin.
- Vitamin D3 contributes to the development and maintenance of healthy bones and teeth, normal absorption of calcium and phosphorus, and reduction in the risk of fall associated with postural instability and muscle weakness – falls are a risk factor for bone fractures in persons of both sexes aged 60 years and older(1).
- Calcium along with vitamin D3 help to reduce the loss of bone mineral mass resulting in a decrease in bone density in postmenopausal women – low bone density is a risk factor for osteoporotic bone fractures.
- Zinc and vitamin K2, in the novel, microencapsulated form of MK-7 menachinone (K2VITAL® (2)), characterised by high bioavailability, help to maintain healthy bones.
(1) The beneficial effect is warranted by the daily intake of at least 1,200 mg of calcium and 20 μg of vitamin D from all sources. There are many risk factors for bone fractures and any change in one of these factors may or may not have a beneficial effect.
(2) K2VITAL® is a registered trademark of Kappa Bioscience AS.
*% of daily intake for adults
Ingredients: calcium from red algae Lithothamnium calcareum, calcium (calcium carbonate), bulking agent – cellulose, bulking agent – crosslinked carboxymethylcellulose sodium salt, film coating ingredients (glazing agent – hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, colour – titanium dioxide, emulsifier – polyethylene glycol, bulking agent – cellulose, anti-caking agent – talc, emulsifier – polysorbate 80), vitamin K (menachinone), anti-caking agent – magnesium salts of fatty acids, zinc (zinc citrate), vitamin D (cholecalciferol).
Recommended intake: 1–2 tablets daily, preferably with a meal, with water. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.